Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New work


Here is a photo of the piece I am currently working on. with this piece I plan to draw simple forms on the surface like a tattoo, and color it with slips terra sigs, and post fire paints. Since the beginning of grad school I have been struggling with the application of the drawing I make to my sculptural figures. with this piece I hope to shorten that gap, and perhaps use it as a departure into sculptural work with more emphasis on environment, space, and shape.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of shapes,drawings?-has he been hollowed out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like the bandaged feet look. Curious to see the addition of the colored shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of tattooing your figures - like you did for the wellman piece last semester. Maybe you could bring decals of industrial sites/objects onto your surfaces?

    ReplyDelete