Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mist Education




This week I reassembled this figure, and have been putting the finishing touches in. I still need to carve out the chair which I am slightly concerned about because it is bearing all the weight. I have chosen to leave a clay support beneath the chair when I fire it. I have also re-assembled it on a shrink slab which is on the kiln shelf i will be firing it on with layers of sand between each surface. If all goes well I shouldn't have deformation issues between the legs. I will be firing this piece in the car kiln because of the weight, although it isn't quite as big as it looks in the Photos (it's about 50% life size). the kiln shelf is a bear though!
I began carving the surface as well with geometric diagrams. You can sort of see it in the one shot of the back. In the future i plan to use color as well as carving to achieve a richer topical application. I have titled this piece Mist Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment